27 Nov 2010

And Then There Were Big Birds….

While walking in the garden, through the three inches of global warming that’d settled therein, I heard a noise not unlike a noise I’d heard before.

Upon deciding to further investigate the noise like a noise I’d heard before, and deducing the noise came from above me, up there, I took the decision to look up, the better to see what all the noise was about.

Sure enough, up there were geeses. No, wait a minute, let’s think about this. One goose, two gees so I’m right, it should be many geeses. Or is it a bunch of gice? Or gooses? No, it must be geeses. Anyhoo, up there they were, two herds of ‘em in perfect ‘V’ formations. Great sight.

And what a noise!! Now this is kind of obvious, but I’ve no idea what they were talking about but they really were getting after it.

Possibly a small clue; they did cross my line of sight three or four times so it may’ve been a navigation, or lack thereof, conversation going on. A kind of, ‘Are we there yet? Hang on, see that weird thing down there looking up with it’s beak open? Like it want’s to be fed? We’ve been over it before!! Hay, you at the front, we’re lost, right?’ sort of chatter. Possibly all lady geeses?

As a by-the-by, it’s comforting to read that ‘Propeller Head’ will be taken care of while down there where it’s a tad warmer. ‘Propeller Head’, the UK representative for Ju-Ju on the World stage – mad as a sack o’ cats.

Jacuzzi – shouldn’t that be, ‘…has his own Jacuzzu and the hotel has many Jacuzzi.’? I dunno, beats me…


Quote; Jean Baptiste Colbert.

The art of taxation consists in so plucking the goose as to obtain the largest possible amount of feathers with the smallest possible amount of hissing.

No comments: