12 Oct 2010

And Then There Was A Little Learning….

As busy as I am, and while researching for my up-coming trip to far, faraway, my good friend Mr. Dave, who himself is far, far, faraway, directed me in the direction of the educational clip linked below.

If you’re not cool with drilling practices, like me, to fracture a well is a method used to improve the flow of ageing or sluggish wells. It’s just as the word implies; they fracture the formation to allow easier flowing of the stuff wot they want to come up. Very rarely, on-shore, this operation can lead to problems as discussed in the short video.

Just a word of warning, if you’re not comfortable with riskay double entendre stuff, don’t bother clicking on him clippy thingy. You’ve what? Already? Damn, too late… Hay ho.

Oh, MAN!! Will you look at the day!! I really, really must get doing.



Quote; Golda Meir.

“Let me tell you something that we Israelis have against Moses. He took us 40 years through the desert in order to bring us to the one spot in the Middle East that has no oil.”

No comments: