27 Sept 2010

And Then There Was A Tommy One….

While channel clicking the TV the other evening, as you do, trying to find something watchable, as you can’t, I bumped into a sort of bio sort of thing sort of about Tommy Cooper. I must say, the older I get, the more I realise how very cleaver that man was.

Hooever, what grabbed me and had me chucklating with mirthfulishness was the tale below which went sort of thusly;

I was sorting out the attic in the new house when I found an oil painting and a violin. I took them along to an expert to see if they were worth anything.

“What you’ve got here”, said the expert, “is a Stradivarius and a Rembrandt. Sadly, Stradivarius was a useless painter and Rembrandt was rubbish at making violins.”


Quote; Fran Lebowitz.

“Very few people possess true artistic ability. It is therefore both unseemly and unproductive to irritate the situation by making an effort. If you have a burning, restless urge to write or paint, simply eat something sweet and the feeling will pass.”

No comments: