3 Aug 2010

And Then There Was A Trip To A Shop….

If that day-to-day sort of shopping bores you as much as wot It do me, try something different along the way; like this.

Occasionally, I will start inspecting the contents of a supermarket shelf, with a look of great concentration, very close to a supermarket Product Organizing and Shelf Shuffling Operative.

After a short spell of shelf inspecting, I turn to the Product Organizing and Shelf Shuffling Operative and, with a puzzled look ask, “Excuse me, I see you have all these cereals here, but do you know what I’m really looking for?”
“Er, noo…?”
”You don’t? Damn!! Now we’ve got a problem. What can I do? What ca I do?” and shamble off muttering darkly.

The more elderly Product Organizing and Shelf Shuffling Operatives usually chuckle.

The younger Product Organizing and Shelf Shuffling Operatives will nervously look around for their supervisor.

I must repeat, I only do this occasionally, not all the time. Honest. Occasionally. And I writed the above before I found the quote below. Honest. Scary all the same though is it?


Quote; Stephen Wright.

“I love to go shopping. I love to freak out salespeople. They ask me if they can help me, and I say, ‘Have you got anything I'd like?’ Then they ask me what size and I say, ‘Extra medium.’”

No comments: