19 Aug 2010

And Then I Did Wake Up….

Well, yesterdays sumptuous evening meal, from my tinfoil box of gastronomic delights, of take-away liver, bacon, sausage and onions, all embedded in an amazingly glutinous gravy so dense even light in it’s vicinity seemed distorted and the entire contents of the room were slowly being drawn towards my plate, wasn’t too shabby at all and there was a notable lack, I’m happy to report, of those rubbery ‘tubes’ in the liver.

Oh, and I also found a hint of mushrooms in there which gave me pause for thought and may well have been the cause of the sparkly coloured lights and strangely haunting sitar music that filled my head for the rest of the evening.

Overall rating? If you find yourself in that shop ,I can recommend it. No, wait a minute. If you find yourself in that shop, so hungry you’re gnawing at you’re hand, or gnawing some part of the person standing next to you, then slot it on you’re ‘meals of last resort’ list. I would suggest at about option number eight.

Of course, if you’re not too keen on liver, or bacon, or sausage, or onions, or dubious looking mushrooms that may or may not fill your head with sparkly coloured lights and strangely haunting sitar music, no guarantee either way, it’s possibly not for you. Try the chicken.

There are lots of things you can do with a dead chicken, legally. If you want to explore the ins and outs of life with live chickens, may I recommend paging through the Private Secret Diary.

Anyhoo, back to dead ones. How about some chicken soup? There’s a wonderful recipe in an old Hungarian cook book which starts; ‘First, steal a chicken……’

And we all remember the old one;

Man in Chinese restaurant calls the waiter over,
"Excuse me, this chickens rubbery."
"Ah, wrank you wery much sir."


Quote; Henny Youngman.

"A Jewish woman had two chickens. One got sick, so she made chicken soup out of the other one to help the sick one get better."

No comments: