17 May 2007

And Then I Tried Green Fingers......

I got the garden sorted while the weather was so so. I put in a bunch of new planting, the majority of which should be dead within the month if my past gardening expertise is anything to go by. It wasn't quite the relaxing affair gardening should be, as I needed to keep an eye on the Triffid at all times to ensure it didn't attempt to leave it's pot and make a move on me. One thing is for sure though; I know the local cats will appreciate the freshly dug soil.

The main reason for this quick post is so I can add the quote below which I thought was a beauty.........

Quote -
Bournemouth Evening Echo;
Mrs Irene Graham delighted the audience with her reminiscence of the German prisoner of war who was sent each week do her garden. He was repatriated at the end of 1945. "He'd always seemed a nice friendly chap, but when the crocuses came up in the middle of our lawn in February 1946, they spelt out "Heil Hitler."

No comments: