8 Oct 2022

And Then, No Organ...

   After refilling my pill poppin’ time accelerator this morning, I got to thinking. Then, on reflection, now thinking, I possibly should’ve started thinking before sorting my meds for the coming week... Never mind, it’ll be over directly after it’s started.
   Anyhoo, as one and all now know our seekers of truth in the media have been running constant fear features since right at the start of co-co; and a long time before.
   One of their features was the length of time folk were having to wait for their new driving licence. Oh grief, the other day I get a reminder to renew mine as I’m old and it’s only valid for three years at a go. Is it going to take three years?
   Anyhoo, I girded up my loins – not a pretty sight – and went onto the Wibbly Wobbly Webbely to complete the application form. All straight forward apart from getting past the organ donor section. I could find no way to bypass this section as we have never had an organ or even a piano. In fact no form of keyboard whatsoever.
   I finally got through it, even the bit asking if, in the event of a fatal accident, I wanted to donate my head to the Society For The Preservation Of Areas Of Total Wilderness.
   All done and submitter and an E-mail received stating that once they’d confirmed my identity and I really didn’t have a keyboard of any form, my application would be processed so, according to the ‘news’ media, I looked forward to many a month wait.
   That was on the fourth of this month and on the seventh of this month I was in receipt of one of they dreaded official brown envelopes. Damn! Who wants some of my money now? Guess wot. New licence. Four days all-up. Spot on media seekers of truth, eh?

Quote;  Morris West.

“If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you'll never enjoy the sunshine.”

2 comments:

Bill Sticker said...

“If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you'll never enjoy the sunshine.”

That's a perfectly apposite quotation. Especially when it comes to British weather. Perhaps it should be taught in schools.

Mac said...

Bill Sticker,
Good idea but I fear the days when the words 'school' and 'teaching' could be used in the same sentence are long gone here.