10 Jul 2022

And Then, A Choice...

   With ever mounting excitement, I tune into the ‘news’ every half hour to see the latest runners wanting to take over from our Prime Minister and her husband Mr Bojangles. With ever mounting disappointment I switch back into Sponge Bob Square Pants.
   Last time I looked, the favourite seems to be Rich-boy Sad-sack. An Indian millionaire who’ll have little interest in tackling the gimmigrant problem and it’s doubtful he fully understands the concerns of the indigenous population regards their worries at the ever spiralling upwards cost of smartphones and related contracts. Wot could possibly go wrong? 
   As if that wasn’t enough to worry about, wot with co-co an’ all, there’s now another hot level two health warning out. Obviously the elderly have never encountered warm weather before. Anyhoo, we have been suitably brain fed into fear so my little nest of vipers and I will be withdrawing to the cupboard under the stairs ‘till normality returns. We could be under there for some considerable time I guess...
   I’ll leave y’all with a step back to a classic wot I’ve featured before. Hell, it might’ve been yesterday for all I remember.
   See? The anti smoking and drinking lobby were way more fun back then eh?

Quote;  Louis Pasteur.

“A bottle of wine contains more philosophy that all the books in the world.”

2 comments:

Ripper said...

Mac,
Regarding the front runners for PM, I spotted a new candidate this morning who will do a really good job. He's got my vote.

https://twitter.com/saintdiamond1/status/1545755627892649984

Mac said...

Ripper,
Yup, I’ve seen that. Those ideas would go well to a nice tune wouldn’t they? Oh, hang on a sing-song sing along moment...