22 Aug 2021

And Then, It’s Gone...

   Yesterday, I sat back in amazement, an act that, not too long ago I would’ve done standing and thus stepped back from. Pulling myself together, not a pretty sight,  I set off on a search. I looked behind the sofa cushions, behind the sofa, under the coffee table and even had a rummage in that draw we all have; the draw full of stuff we keep ‘just in case’. The contents of which will never be needed. Never needed that is until exactly one month after the once five yearly clear out, but nothing was found.
   Anyhoo, for wot was I looking? Why last week of course. No idea where it went but, again, as it was Saturday and time to recharge the pill poppin’ rack, I blame it, yet again, on that items ability to accelerate time to an alarming extent.
   As per the above, anybody in work, work they may not fully enjoy, may I recommend the purchase of one of they pill poppin’ racks? Pills possibly not required, just flip all the lids once a week and see if the rush to retirement accelerates a tad for you...

                 
   Another time thingy would be the fact that it seems only days ago that we put away our heavy weather wax jackets for the summer. Now, so quickly, with the nights mysteriously drawing in, it’s feeling close to getting ‘em out again time.

Addendumadodad; Unless sadly required for medication, once retired, throw it away  in an attempt to re-stabilize time to a slower pace...

Quote;  Dr. Seuss.

“How did it get so late so soon? It’s night before it’s afternoon. December is here before it’s June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?”

No comments: