13 Jun 2021

And Then A Cracker...

   But first, I caught a BBC lady announcer on the radio state that, in the football, England had defeated Croatia. I guess ‘defeated’ sounds sort o’ final as opposed to beaten. Or is it that to BBC ears ‘beaten’ sounds a tad naughty?
   As for the poor guy who had a tick-a-tack, had he had the vaccine? Early indications suggested yes. However, these seem to have been popped down the memory hole and, of course, not a murmur from our media.
   Best we can do to get a clue is, when you tune in to watch a game and it looks like you’re watching a recording in slow motion, it could possibly be a bunch of punctured players with untold horrors whirling around their heads trying to take it easy.
   And now, for me, the clip of the year so far. Again, I found it via a link and it’s on that Twatter thing and, again, I still have no idea how to embederate just the clip so
it’s a blue do again. Is that funny or wot?

Quote;  David Beckham.

"My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7."

2 comments:

Ripper said...

Mac,
Just a reminder but GB News is up, Freeview 236. With luck, pretty soon the BBC will be redundant.

Here's Downing Street right now as I type... GB News intends to report on it in about an hour but the Beeb will remain silent.

https://twitter.com/TheFreds/status/1404425387090886663

Mac said...

Ripper,
I've been checking out GB a few times. It needs a bit of time to sort a few things out then we'll see. Early days.
These marches get so much mainstream coverage do they not? Wot with all the interviews with the attendees an' all. Yea, nothing.
Three weeks to bring on Calamity co-co then...