6 May 2021

And Then, A Vote...

   I’m delighted to report that global warming has finally kicked-in round where I be as there was no ice on the bird bath this AM o’clock of a morning. However, after doing a bit of mental arithmetic, and quickly writing the answer down, I found that we’re close to half way through yet another year. Now I’ve looked under the bed, behind the sofa, under cushions and even in the garden shed but I can’t find even a clue as to wot happened to the first half of the year. Was it all just a continuation of last year? Just hiding from a flue variant and the ‘all curing’ jabba-dabba-do? Damn! I’ll give it another month of my take on time and the shops will be full of Christmas kit. Pardon? Over there; just in front of the Easter eggs...    
   Anyhoo, off to vote. And how exciting can it get then? I pulled into the polling site and was presented with a deserted car park and upon entering the polling station found it to be equally deserted other than two fed-up looking fellows in attendance. Interestingly, as I entered, they hastily went about pulling on muzzles  then, spotting I was sans muzzle, they relaxed and discarded theirs. I wasn’t even reminded to cover my hands in the chemi cocktail provided just inside the door.
   I mentioned how busy they appeared to be and was informed I was their first customer. This was, by-the-by, twelve thirty. A little apathy in this area?
   Not giving that no never mind, I entered the booth, wrote my name on the voting slip, drew a little box next to it and gave myself an up-tick, popped it in the receptacle provided and left. Hell, who knows?         
          

Quote;  Henry Cate, VII.

“The problem with political jokes is they get elected.”

2 comments:

Doonhamer said...

Uptick?
Alas, you have snatched defeat from the jaws of a bombshell win.
Not a big kiss X, cross, it is a spoiled paper.

Mac said...

Doonhamer,
You're absolutely right. I was too intent on upping my chances when I typed up-tick. I did, indeed insert a box filling 'X'. All done in ink. Looking forward to a big party come Monday...