23 Jan 2021

And Then Ripper Lets Rip...

   A tad late owing to me being a tad late checking my mail box. Anyhoo, not quite the Jabberwocky but well worth a poets post so over to the good Ripper with thanks: 

My hate for you I can't express
The whole of my life do you depress
For Matt Hancock, you make me sick
You're as welcome as an oil slick.

Your head, it seems, is made of tin
And how I'd love to kick it in
And stomp your face into the ground
And watch your eyes roll round and round

And when they popped out of your head
We would know that you were dead
And we'd bury you in an unmarked plot
And leave you there, to eternally rot.
With Love,
The British Public.

   And another:

There once was a Prime Minister called Boris
Who was irate at being called Doris
He said with a frown
"I’m gonna lock you all down!"
"Don't blame me for Covid, it was Soros!"

Quote;  G. K. Chesterton.

“Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.”

4 comments:

Ripper said...

Don't know any poems about cheese, but a few years ago I remember a strange phenomenon in the news, which was a spate of cheese thefts. In one case 5 tons of cheddar went missing, then a little later about 50kg of prize winning cheese was stolen from a Somerset show...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-40646815

I don't know if any perpetrators were eventually caught but the police did have a photofit of the ring leaders...

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.nOSIEGIEKW2oE-dH7sUUnwHaEW%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Did you know that cheese is the most stolen food in the world? Neither did I... Back to the original subject, I must give Matt Hancock credit for uniting the country, I say that because everybody hates him.

I'm off for a Red Leicester bap.

Mac said...

Ripper,
I was blissfully unaware of any major cheese heists 'till now and I do like a bit of cheese. My little nest of vipers tried a bit a long time ago and is convinced it's the work of the Devil.
In other news, I guess you've seen the bit about vaccine passports. Facial recognition? That'll work seeing as we're all masked-up. There goes that thinking it through thingy again...
"Government funds eight vaccine passport schemes despite 'no plans' for rollout. The schemes looked at developing technology which could link facial bio-metrics with immunity status..."

Ripper said...

Mac, worry not - another thing that they haven't thought about is an old idea called a faraday cage. There's big business in making metal lined wallets, phone cases, gloves, jackets - you name it. As for facial recognition, easily fooled by disguise. And when you're not allowed into shops etc, there will be a booming black market.

Mac said...

Ripper,
With that contactless card thingy I'm sure the sale of Faraday card holders is going to boom.
Not allowed into shops? All part of the 'kill the high street' plan now the 'kill the pub' plan is showing such great progress.