20 Oct 2020

And Then Relax...

If you’ve had enough of Co-Co-1984, despite Brexit, as hard as I find that to believe, come linger a while with this link passed along by the good Ripper. I have to say that’s one hell of a guitar...

          

While we’re on the subject of ear worms and hurdy gurdy sounds, I may as well fire this old number back at y’all so let’s ‘trip’ back in time; to a time before Kung-Flue when all we had to worry about was nuclear armageddon. Here’s hoping everyone’s still  ‘happily’ humming along to  this  at  four tomorrow morning o’clock AM.

         

Quote;  Winnie the Pooh.

“Hums aren’t things which you get; they get you.”

2 comments:

Ripper said...

When my daughter was about 3, I had a Donavan cassette, which featured a rather childish song called 'car car' that I would sometimes sing to her. She's now 38, has a child of her own and still has that cassette which she plays now and again. I think Donavan wrote the song for Woody Guthrie when Arlo was a kid.

The hurdy gurdy - yes what an instrument. Its been with us for over a thousand years and is still one of the the most versatile. If you electrify one even more so. For example, using a sampler/sequencer you can create a whole orchestra with only a hurdy gurdy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7XTHoyECZ4

Or would you prefer something with a higher tempo, perhaps a bit of heavy metal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtvpXr9O0J4

Mac said...

Ripper,
Nice words but if I played that car track - yes, I remember it - I think I'd be spending a long time trying to drive it back out of my head...