15 Oct 2019

And Then A Hattrick...

Firstly, to state the obviously, I’m still here cluttering the place up; it’s just after the attack on my heart, putting together a regular Blog post has, surprisingly, slipped from one of my top three things to try and do daily. As indeed have the other two...

Anyhoo, I’ve typed before regarding the use of ‘well’ and ‘so’ and occasionally ‘but’ and how almost every answer offered up to any question just has to start with one of said words. But, like, joy of joys, the other day when some lady on TV, introduced, as so many of these talking heads are, as something along the lines of the Director of Fiscal Oversight for the Institute of something or other - and as a by-the-by, one has to wonder how many of these weirdly titled ‘Institutions’ there are out there, how many folk they employ and on wot salary levels, where their offices are with a door us lower order folk could knock on and, importantly, wot do they actually do? Who knows? Tell you one thing that’s probably a given; I bet us lower order folk pay for it all.

Anyhoo, I digress. She was asked a question and – BINGO – started her answer thus. “Well, so, er but...” then continued with a brief ramble round the English language. You beauty!

Before I sign-off, I’m guessing you all saw the photos over at Not A Lot Of People Know That that dramatically illustrate the catastrophic rise in sea levels over the past one hundred or so years? That’s really scary stuff right there!

Quote;  Bern Williams.

“I like the word ‘indolence.’ It makes my laziness seem classy.”

No comments: