4 Oct 2018

And Then, A Song...

I  was mentally far away yesterday evening, again, when a clip of a song beamed from the TV and invaded my head. Yup, I do remember it from wireless programs back in my infancy. Workers Playtime eh?

Thank you Gracie for giving us that wonderful, cover all the bases word, ‘thingy’.

           

Whilst searching for that, I also came to this wot’s in blue below. The same song is at the end but the thing that grabbed me about this clip is how fortunate it was for us that those were the days before feminism, the SJW ‘revolution’ and the only snowflakes were those you hoped would fall on Christmas day.

One has to wonder what would happen if this little island ever found itself in a similar situation these days and needed willing workers right quick. Thinking that through to where we are now, we’d probably rely on immigrant labour from the country that was fighting us. I also feel confident in saying it was a tad noisier than the triggering sound of clapping at a meeting...

No apologies for repeating this quote:

Quote  Douglas Adams.

“In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men
were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.”


2 comments:

Demetrius said...

Wish me luck......

Mac said...

Demetrius,
More than happy to oblige. Good luck...