21 May 2016

And Then, From Back When...

I was tuned into a local radio station this afternoon when the DJ played a blast from the past that I’d long forgotten and, upon hearing it again after so many years, was taken with how well it had stood the test of time.

Took me way back and very quickly had my feet tapping and pumping and jiving in all directions while my hands were doing rhythmic, but a tad jerky, back and forth swings - all of which, on reflection, must’ve been a really puzzling and irritating three minutes for the drivers following us at the time. However, it was gladdening to note that many drivers heading in the opposite direction must’ve been listening to the same song as they joyously flashed their headlights at me in recognition of my synchronised side-to-side swings as I rocketed towards them.

If you’re heading out for the evening, on foot, this’ll set you up right good. Enjoy your time; it’s valuable.

            

Quote;  Rachel Cain.

“See?" he said, with an unholy amount of glee. "I hardly broke any laws at all. I should drive more often."
"No. Trust me, you shouldn't," Eve said. "Think of all the little old people and the children.”

No comments: