3 Mar 2013

And Then A Moment Of Melancholia….

Picture the domestic scene.  Her indoors watching TV – me reading.  Me reading hears a strange sound on the TV.  Me stops reading and sails off aboard the good ship Google in search of the sound, which was dually found.

The track below isn’t the track I heard on TV but, as you know, once a track’s found, the right hand side presents further realms of exploration.

It’s a track by Fever Ray, being the solo work of Karin Dreijer Andersson.  But you knew that, right?  And it makes The Incredible String Band being ‘out there’ sound positively ‘in here’.
I'm laying down, eating snow
My fur is hot, my tongue is cold
On a bed of spider web
I think of how to change myself

If you do play it, click through and you’ll find ‘If I Had A Heart’ which was the track I went in search of.  Do try the track below though; it’s hugely haunting, immensely melancholy with graphics that are a tad unsettling.
Quote;  Plato.

“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.”

No comments: