17 Mar 2024

And Then An Update…

   Still here and physically I pheel phine, or for those of you without a PH in English, fysically I feel fine  but mentally not so good as this old head’s scrambling itself wondering wot’s possibly just down the road a ways health wise.
   In view of all the medical appointments looming I’m considering hanging up my input into the Foggy Mirror.
   Just considering at this time and further announcements will be forthcoming in a couple or so weeks time. It’ll be a sad day for me if I do but age is rapidly catching up with me and wot with everything else wot’s cropping up, tapping out wot’s in mah heed into this side of the Foggy Mirror is, at present, very tiring.


  There was one happy happening wot occurred whilst waiting in a close to full waiting room at the hospital when a lady came round with a drinks trolley. Guess wot, only patients could avail themselves of this service and not those there in support. Every penny helps I guess. Anyhoo, at my turn, when asked wot I'd like to drink I replied, "Two fingers of scotch over ice would be nice." and I'm happy to report this lifted the sombre mood in the room dramatically for a minute or two...

Quote; Gilbert K. Chesterton.

“The trouble with always trying to preserve the health of the body is that it is so difficult to do without destroying the health of the mind.

6 comments:

Grandad said...

Just push Foggy Mirror to the back of the shelf for a while instead of killing the poor thing.

This may come as a surprise but one or two of us are quite fond of the old site and get quite excited when a new offering pops up. [Yes - I should go out more....]

Look after yourself, Mac. Sending Good Karma your way.

Mac said...

Grandad,
Kind message, advice and good karma gratefully received.
Man, the back of that shelf's getting crowded!

Andy5759 said...

Good things deserve a shelf of their own. You don't get much in the way of comments from me but I get much from you. Clear off a shelf so it's there when you begin to miss it.

Mac said...

Andy5759,
Advice taken. I've replaced the bathroom mirror with the Foggy Mirror thus I try to see through it every morning. Better to look through it rather than step through it...

James Higham said...

I third those thoughts.

Mac said...

Mr Higham,
Thank you. The shelving is now well in use.