29 Jan 2023

And Then Something Bugs Me...

   I’m sure you haven’t failed to see the repeated mentions on the media that we should all start eating bugs to save the planet, right?
   So wot’s bugging me regards this?
   Well, so, correct me if I’m wrong but, up until quite recently, weren’t we informed on every garden and nature TV program of the alarming decline in bugs and the risk of their extinction owing to climate change? Followed by all the ways we could attract bees an’ bugs back into our gardens thus enabling them to survive and thrive? Or was that the subtle start of the main message which will slowly{?} change to attracting bugs into our gardens thus ensuring we have something for lunch? Now over to our bug-cook in the studio...
   As a by-the-by, where are the Save Our Crickets protesters then?
   And yes, I have, in a time long, long ago in a land far, far away, tried fried grass hoppers. Wot do they taste like? Damned if I remember but wot I do remember is  a pair of nibbles was enough.

Quotes;  Vera Nazarian.

“I've just been bitten on the neck by a vampire... mosquito. Does that mean that when the night comes I will rise and be annoying?”

2 comments:

A K Haart said...

What bugs me is that we are bound to get BBC cookery programmes for crickets. Famous chefs will cook hand-raised organic crickets specially produced in a quaint little hillside farm only a few people know about where a tiny little helping of crickets costs as much as a decent steak.

Mac said...

A K Haart,
And now we are being asked to catalogue the wild birds seen in our gardens. Is someone out there working on wild bird recipes?