26 Nov 2022

And Then, Strikes...

   And lots of em eh? Just a thought but when I was starting out in the world of work and after a four year apprenticeship on mans boat and deciding that two years away with four weeks off wasn’t really for me and quit, I just took the first job available.  
   While doing that job I’d be constantly on the lookout for something better either in enjoyment or money or, preferably, both. When found, I’d quit and move on. Then? Continue looking and moving for betterment.
   Eventually, I lost a job and having a couple of friends already working offshore, I invested the last money I had in a rail ticket to Aberdeen to try and get into the oil and gas drilling game.
   Job done and job got offshore North Sea. The joy{?} of working on the sea again but unlike my days on tramp ships with two years on and four weeks off, if you were lucky, just two weeks on and two weeks off.
   So why don’t these rail workers and others, content themselves with wot they’ve got and look to better themselves and move on when something is found?
   A final repeat note, does the media not yet realise that, when ‘reporting’ on the plight of nurses and how they need to use food banks, that they need to use a skinny mini to highlight their plight via pictures or film, rather than the pay for one get one free sized ladies they choose to use if they want to tug our heart strings?
   By-the-by, will we all be ordered to stand outside in all weather and clap our support when nurses do strike? I bet there are folk out there wot will.
   Okay, they saved my life back then but, sad to say, I wouldn’t rate my chances, in the event of a replay, right now.
   Anyhoo, for y’all out there just workin’...

Quote;  Joe Girard.

"The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs… one step at a time."

           Audrey Hepburn.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible!'"

No comments: