25 Jun 2022

And Then It Gould Be True...

   I did a post a long time ago, which I now can’t find, when I put out the idea that this planet of ours was actually, many millennium ago, used as the lunatic asylum of a far away far advanced planet that rounded up all their nutters, dropped ‘em off here and they hoped that, left to our own devices, we’d, over time, breed nuttery out and sanity in.
   All the UFO sightings? Recon trips to check on progress or lack thereof.
   The latest report probably went something like this:
They seem to have grasped technology but the nutters have hijacked it. They seem to have managed to harness nuclear power but, again, the nutters have hijacked it. On the whole, sanity seems to have bred into the majority but, sadly, they have wot they call elections and, as sane as they seem, always vote some of the minority of nutters into positions of power throughout the planet. Oh, and the nutters seem to be fighting back – and winning – in convincing many of the sane folk that they can limit the heat output of that life giving big ball of fire in their neighbourhood with windmills. On the whole, still a tad iffy.
   And the decision was then taken to keep a good eye on us and if we advanced with space travel, without first reaching one hundred percent sanity, to kickstart that asteroid to end it all and thus eliminate the possibility of galactic contamination and just call it a day; hell, they’d say, we tried.
  
Head Rambles triggered all that in this nutters head with his last post.
I think, I think I am, therefore I am, I think...
There you go, man
Keep as cool as you can
Face piles of trials with smiles
For it riles them to believe
That you perceive
The web they weave...
And keep on thinking free.

Words that work on so many levels do they not. A verse for our times if ever there was one.

Quote;  Rita Mae Brown.

“The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness. Look at your 3 best friends. If they're ok, then it's you.”

4 comments:

Grandad said...

How come I get blamed for everything?

Mac said...

Grandad,
A compliment my good friend. Your posts act as a brain trigger many times.
Oh, and happy Christmas to Penny by the way...

Grandad said...

Thank you sir, and I blush. It's a bit strange that I can trigger thoughts when my own brain is in a constant state of mush and therefore incapable of my own thoughts. [Damn. That last bit confuses even me and I wrote it...]

Penny says Woof!

Mac said...

Grandad,
You're more than welcome.
As to mush, you'll enjoy{?} my humble offering for today.
I'd love to sit here barking with Penny but I have places to, asses to sniff...