22 Jul 2021

And Then, Not Pinged...

   It would seem, according to the ‘news’, that my little nest of vipers and I are numbered amongst the lucky few wot haven’t had one of they, don’t leave home – don’t pass go, pingy thingies. Could this be because we didn’t fall for the hype thus didn’t install the application? I’ll need to think about that.
   Do folk wot win a ping get a percentage of their pay while away? If so, I must admit that if I was still in the world of work and didn’t much like the work wot I had to do for a crust, I’d sure as hell get that app and do everything I could to win a ‘ten free days’ ping thing. Or is it a no pay ping? If so, here’s a cunning idea for those terrified of a ping; delete.
   Nurses pay rise back at top billing in the ‘news’, cycles I see. May I humbly suggest to our beloved media folk that when they tell us how poorly paid nurses are and how they’re struggling to put food on the table, then show clips to illustrate how dedicated and hard working they are even though close to mental and physical breakdown and broke, they attempt to feature nurses of less rotund proportions than those wot we see? Those portly folk wot we see sure don’t jive with the ‘poorly paid’ narrative.
   Okay, jabba-dabba-do? Thanks to the good Ripper for pointing me to this wot proves dogs are mans best friend and on many occasions, a damn site brighter as well.

Quote;  Henry Ford.

“It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages.”

2 comments:

Doonhamer said...

Who has helped you more over the last 2 years?
The NHS management, the sequestered doctors, the dancing ward staff?
Or the delivery staff, shop staff, bin folk, farmers, abattoir staff, petrol station staff, garage mechanics, plumbers, electricians, fisher folk, water suppliers, etc. etc.
Something stinks.
Just imagine who you could do without.
And politicians do not count.y

Mac said...

Doonhamer,
Good list, so true.
Who we could do without? So many. Most deffinately all Civil Serpents and it would also appear we really don't need a Border Farce nor Immigration Officers.