10 Apr 2021

And Then, Farewell...

   This is for/from the good Ripper, a great supporter of this humble site, regards the sad occasion of his brothers funeral.
   With sincere condolences to you, Ripper, and all your family and all the friends of you brother.

Thursday was my brother's funeral, and boy, did we give him a proper send off. Like me, he was a life long biker - in fact I attribute what I am today to him, being the youngest. So, I made up my mind that we were going on his last ride together, as we always did. There follows a few photos from the day.
His hearse was a 1700cc Triumph Thunderbird so he went in style. His helmet went with him on top of the coffin.

Almost everyone turned up on a bike, a local bike club and some of his friends. My bike is still in storage, so I took a Ducati Scrambler on a 'test ride' from my son in law's dealership, and he went on a Street Fighter. I'm the one on the far right (naturally). The small marks of respect from the bikers was touching. Note the black flag, and one of them kept leap frogging the courtage to hold up the traffic at each junction.

This is the courtage just leaving the bottom of his street.

He was into all music but must have been Pink Floyd's #1 fan, his house was full of Floyd memorabilia. Note the colours of the flowers, they form the prism from the Dark Side of The Moon album, also the Pink Floyd ribbon.

But there was a time before the Pink Floyd, when there were bands that both him and I used to love. So I left the Pink Floyd to his sons and chose a tune from a band that he used to love just as much. Very apt for him.
       

When my time comes, I can only hope that I'm half as well respected.

  
My tribute below.
       

5 comments:

James Higham said...

Is this the same Ripper at our place I wonder.

Ripper said...

Mac,
Thank you so much for your tribute, the Tull track always chokes me up, it is the one I chose for my sister's farewell in 2015. But then, neither have really gone, they live on in my memories, and I have plenty of those, even the bad ones are good.

James Higham said...

Let me second the sentiments.

Mac said...

Ripper,
The least I could do my friend. Thoughts are with you.

Mac said...

Mr Higham,
I only know of three Rippers, two of whom are no longer able to comment, thus I feel it's safe to say it is, indeed, the one and only Ripper.