31 Dec 2020

And Then, A New Start...

   May I start by wishing everyone out there a perfectly Covid compliant, unsociably distanced, tiny tots tear {Insert Number}, totalitarian  New Year. And let’s look forward to another year of media doom, gloom, hysterically negative one sided ‘reporting’.
   And a special word for all those NHS, blessed be its name, staff who are working themselves above and beyond the point of exhaustion to better each others song and dance routines on Look-At-Media.
   Well, so, you thought things were tough last year? The good Ripper has unearthed a clip of a little of wot’s soon to come our way. You youngsters thought punctuation was evil? Get amongst this then.  Sorry, couldn’t get that embedaration thingy to work so try
clicking this wot’s in blue.
     However, it’s not all gloom and doom for next year and there’s a very up-beat take over at Head Rambles. Oh, wait a minute...
   Bringing up the back end, that Brexit thingy is done – well, after a fashion anyway, and the media are still only finding business leaders who’re confused and uncertain. Four years to prepare for any eventuality and they’re still lost? You believe that?
   Anyhoo, let’s have this number again for all those lost Captains of Industry, panty wetter's, Timidadians and all those that feel they need a hand to clutch at all times as they navigate the sometime rocky road of life. 

          

Quote;  My Little Nest Of Vipers.

“If you keep trying to hold my hand, I’ll never learn to walk on my own.”

            ??

“I'm going to stay up late this New Year's Eve - not to ring in the New Year, but to make sure this one leaves.”

4 comments:

A K Haart said...

“I'm going to stay up late this New Year's Eve - not to ring in the New Year, but to make sure this one leaves.”

Too right - I'll pass that one on.

Happy New Year, keep your unique brand of humour going and here's to something better in 2021.

Mac said...

A K Haart,
Thank you and all the best to you and your family.
Something better in 2021? I'm not holding my breath on that one...

Ripper said...

Mac, I won't wish you a Happy New Year, because I know that its not going to be happy for anyone. What I will do is to wish you and yours all the best for the coming year, we will all need that. Here's hoping for the swift, painful death of Matt Hancock and all those fake scientists in Sage, with emphasis on Ferguson.

Mac said...

Ripper,
Back at ya good buddy. You take care now.
I've never wished misfortune on anyone but I'm quickly being beaten into starting to make exceptions...