26 Oct 2020

And Then, Trouble At Sea...

According to the news today, a tanker bound for Southampton from Africa, just hours from docking, chanced to discover{?} seven fellows that had stowed away. So far so hard to believe says I.

Anyhoo, we’re led to believe these seven fellows, hiding and presumably eating little for three weeks, were a threat to the crew and the ship so the police were called who in turn called in the military.

Seven fellows, one would assume weakened by hunger, facing twenty two well fed, fit sailor men? Three and a little bit on one? And they had to call the law? Why? Did the bad boys have a bomb? Guns? Knives? No, early reports say the seven naughty fellows started hurling hurty words at the crew; obviously loudly and probably peppered with hateful verbal punctuation. Later reports suggest they’d got hold of pointy thingies. I do hope they remembered that you never run with scissors...

It’s pretty obvious to me that, if this MSM telling of the tale is true, and I do smell something fishy could be this way coming, that the merchant seamen of today aren’t the hairy assed, I’m a lover, I’m a fighter, I’m a wild bull rider type o’ rock-hard rovers that I had the pleasure of exploring the world with back in the day.

        

Quote; Dr. Thomas Fuller.

“He that will not sail till all dangers are over must never put to sea.”

No comments: