22 Sept 2020

And Then, No Admittance...

Well, so, it seems that Flue thingy only gets going after ten of an evening in pubs. Let’s give that no never mind as the plan is still going along nicely. Two birds with one restriction; to reduce, by many more, the number of places where folk can meet, sink a few bevvies and vent their spleens in anger and plot against those that would rule over us.

Anyhoo, I was conversing with a shop owning friend this AM and he related to me some information that has blown his way. Now this is a doozey of a plan from above. The plan? Sometime – in a clock not too far away – ‘they’ plan to issue all business premises with a form of health passport. So far so wot? Well, wot happens next is when a customer wishes to enter some shop they’ll first have to hold their phone to a scanner mounted on the door and the kit will confirm that you’re flue free or have had the jab. No to one; no entry. You’re old and don’t have a phone, right? Why, scan your citizens health ID card that’s coming of course.

If my pal wasn’t winding me up and that comes to fruition, we’re finished.

On a lighter note, our washing machine big end bearing is about to give out so today we visited a retail giant. My little nest of vipers picked one and asked me how you put the powder in. I pushed and poked and gave up and summoned a sales executive. I explained wot we wanted to know and he replied, “That model doesn’t need washing powder at all. Or water”
”Wow! How green can you get! How does that work then?” I excitedly enquired.
”It’s a dryer.”
”Oh...” I gave my little nest of vipers that look that says, we both stupid or wot, and she was replying with that look of hers that says you stupid or wot? We shuffled onwards, heads down, towards the colander department.

Thanks to Anonymous Rick for this gem.

           

Quote;  John Philpot Curran.

“My dear doctor, I’m surprised to hear you say that I am coughing very badly, because I have been practising all night.”

4 comments:

Ripper said...

You know Mac, those drum bearings are a common thing and don't take a lot to renew if the washing machine has been a good one. If you know the model number (it is on a sticker inside the door) you can order the bearing and seal from eBay and get a step by step video on youtube on stripping the machine. I did this for my own a few years ago, the pump went on mine, a genuine part was £60 but I spent £20 on a pattern part and spare (the pumps are another thing to go frequently). Mine is a £600 AEG so I wasn't about to scrap it for the sake of a £10 pump. Washers cookers and fridges go forever.

Mac said...

Ripper,

I hear you loud and clear.
As little as two years ago I’d have relished and enjoyed the challenge but it’s quite scary how rapidly advancing years - not helped by the attack on my ticker - have changed my body and mind-set from fix it to f**k it.

Ripper said...

Mac,
I understand where you are coming from, I really do - even though I am fortunate enough never to have had such an experience. But who knows what the future holds? I may have it coming yet.

Either way, I won't waste my time worrying about something I cannot control. I know, as we all do that someday the Reaper will come for me, and until that day arrives I will live my life as fully as possible.

Don't let the past control your future Mac, and advancing years is nothing more than a number. Do what you want to do, free of worry, else that worry will ruin your remaining years.

Mac said...

Ripper,
Thanks for those fine words.
Trust me, we're living life to the full, carefree and free of worry - or as full and free as the government will let us - and I'm sure you've picked-up on the fact that there's never a dull moment with my little nest of vipers at my side.
Here's to it, love it, live it.