17 Sept 2020

And Then, Barely Getting By...

I’m late with this and I’m sure you’ve all seen the BBC top earners list. It’s truly gratifying to see these levels of pay going to those hardworking folk who toil tirelessly, facing adversity and danger, day after day, morn ‘till night with no break, to bring us top o’ the line news, views and wot passes, in BBC land, as entertainment, to us common people. They’re absolute masters of reading wot’s ticking along a screen in front of them, injecting just the right inflection in voice and subtle changes in facial expression as required to signify good or bad in their view.

I do hope this list shuts those pesky old folk up once and for all as they must realise now that having to pay for a license will go some small way to help keep these well-deserving talking-heads in the manor they so richly deserve.

Well done them I say and if I was offered kelly like that for reading an auto queue I’d grab it with hands, feet and teeth.

On the other hand, and more realistically, all right thinking folk could just leave it to those wot’s left to contribute. Get it?

             

Belter of a live version of that can be found here. Enjoy.

Quote;  Drew Carey.

“There's no way I can justify my salary level, but I'm learning to live with it.”

No comments: