6 Aug 2020

And Then A Caring Act...

Firstly, regarding my tin foil hat thoughts on DNA collection, have you seen this?
  
The consumer DNA testing company Ancestry just sold for $4.7 billion dollars.
   Its new owners? The private equity firm Blackstone, which is now the new majority owner of the largest consumer database of human genetic and genealogical information in the world.
   Sales like these can be jarring for customers who took a DNA test and uploaded their results. When that data starts being bought and sold over the years, those customers become increasingly removed from what can be done with their genetic information.
And that’s DNA offered up in all innocence by folk with nothing more than an interest in family history. Who’d o’ thunk that’d happen eh? Now the government want to swab test us all for Covid-1984? Try this as well, a link from the above bit. Wot could possibly go wrong? Can I take this tin foil hat off now please?

Second up, my caring moment. Several mornings ago, it being an unusually warm, sunny morn, I took my coffee to the garden and as I walked past the biggest of our apple trees, a tree I knew birds were nesting in, I glanced down and there was a birds egg lying amongst the flowers. On inspection, the egg was found to be undamaged by the obvious fall from the nest way above. With feelings of sadness sweeping over me for the mummy bird in the nest above and her loss, I pondered wot to do.

Having pondered, not a pretty sight, I decided to risk life and limb so got the extending ladder and positioned it amongst the tree branches as best I could and with my little nest of vipers called from the kitchen, I climbed upwards and after an arduous endeavour, exhibiting all the nimbleness of movement of a beached whale, I finally located the nest. I then met my little nest of vipers half up and me half down the ladder and she handed me the egg. I got back up into reach of the nest, using one hand and my teeth, and carefully placed the egg back therein.

With a tremendous feeling of happiness and wellbeing, I got back to terra firma, put the ladder away and headed indoors where her had prepared a hearty breakfast comprising, amongst other stuff, two fried eggs... The irony of this was lost in the minute, foggy contents of my head until many hours later.

Quote;  J. M. Barrie.

“Pan, who and what art thou?" he cried huskily.
"I'm youth, I'm joy," Peter answered at a venture, "I'm a little bird that has broken out of the egg.”

No comments: