9 Jun 2020

And Then, For Sale...

As we seem to have rapidly moved from an arrest death to
predominantly peaceful, they say, demonstrations of thug life, to the toppling of statutes ‘we’ don’t like, I decided to take a break for a little humour, before the burning down of museums and buildings of historic interest starts,  so have at a very old shaggy dogs tail: 
   A guy’s driving around the back woods of Montana when  sees a sign in front of an old farmhouse: "Talking Dog For Sale." Intrigued, he rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog is out back back by the barn.
   The guy goes round back and sees a nice looking Lab sitting there by the rundown barn.
"You talk?" he asks jokingly.
"Yep," the Lab replies.
   After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says "Oh boy!! So, what's your story?”
The Lab looks up with rheumy eyes and says, "Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I joined the CIA. In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.
   "I was one of their most valuable agents for eight years but the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious looking characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals.
"I got married, had a mess of pups, and now I'm just retired."
   The guy is absolutely blown away in amazement. Shaking with excitement he goes back in the farmhouse and asks the old farmer how much he wants for the dog.
"Ten bucks and he’s yours." the farmer says.
"Ten dollars? That dog’s amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so damn cheap?"
"Because he's a damn big liar. He's never been off the farm."

Quote;  Dave Barry.
“You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, ‘Wow, you’re right! I never would’ve thought of that!’”

No comments: