4 Apr 2020

And Then A Dash...

Naughty folk that we be, we had a quick dash to momentary freedom today. Not many folk about and those wot were shuffling around all seemed sort of warily hunkered down. I kind o’ got the weird sensation we were just a couple o’ bit players in one of they apocalyptic zombie movies. Not too far removed from where we actually are I guess.

Anyhoo, it was quite a relaxed outing as we combined our state allotted exercise period with our allowed shopping time. A sort of out and about double dib. By-the-by, my exercise was carefully limited to walking to the car to ferry my little nest of vipers to do wot she assured me was some essential shopping.

All went well and, thanks to my cunning and circuitous routing, we didn’t encounter any road blocks. Nor was she stopped leaving the shop and quizzed regarding the present legality of her purchases. That’s probably for the best as I’m quietly confident lottery tickets aren’t all that high on the states list of essential/approved/allowed shopping. Ah shacks ma heed.

Quote;  Roger Jones.

“I guess I think of lotteries as a tax on the mathematically challenged.”

2 comments:

Ripper said...

Mac, Her purchases could easily have been colanders, and you can't win anything with those. Methinks you dodged a bullet there.

Mac said...

Ripper,
and so the seed of an idea is sown...