14 Jul 2019

And Then, Trouble Ahead...

Looks like I’m in trouble again as I’ve received a summons to appear in court.

Seems the State Sleep Detector van was in the neighbourhood a little bit after a while ago and I was recorded as only taking six hours sleep and now ‘they’ want to know why I hadn’t taken the State sanctioned number of hours sleep and what I was up to during that time I should’ve been asleep. Damn! On the plus side, if I get a custodial sentence, I’ll be guaranteed three hots and a cot for the duration of my ‘stay’.

The above is a bit o’ fun, okay? There are no Sleep Detector vans. At this time. However, I’m sure those talking tin cans will soon become a requirement in every home as everything will be linked to your can and without one nothing will work and the government will be able to monitor anything and everything we say and do. Never going to happen, right? Oh, wait a minute...

Never mind the talking tin cans, these folk just can’t help themselves can they, and aren’t going to stop any time soon.  Do folk really need their hand held to the extent we’ve seen in recent times? Seems like only yesterday that the nanny decrees against smokers were enacted. No slippery slope intended. You think it’s time we had a Leave The People Alone political party? Man, it’d do well.

I guess the children who dream up these ‘studies’ and foist these ‘recommendations’ on us are too young to be aware of the incredibly long sleep that’s guaranteed for all of us just down there at the end of the line.

          

Quote;  Rod McKuen.

“Cats have it all - admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it.”

No comments: