21 Nov 2018

And Then, Walk On By...

I awoke early this morning and stumbled down stairs. Upon reaching ground level, I was delighted to discover that, once again despite advancing years, I’d managed to stumble down rather than tumble down. I booted up the computer as I passed by and for those not as computer literate as I, that’s not as complex a task as it sounds; it’s the simple process of pressing a button and thus more commonly known as turning it on.

I then found the kitchen which also proved relatively easy as it was exactly where I left it last night, and hit the button marked ‘I want coffee and I want it NOW’.

So far so good. Then, coffee to hand I spoiled the feeling of wellbeing by screen reading the news. Doom, gloom and lunacy. Why do I punish myself every morning? Why don’t I just make a coffee, turn on the TV and enjoy Sponge Bob Square Pants?

Anyhoo, too late for today so the standout ‘news’ for me over the past couple of days, apart from 3D, was the plea from a high ranking police chap that they need the public to stop walking on by but to lend a hand when they see officers in trouble when trying to contain bad fellows.

To me this is yet more proof that these people engage mouth without engaging brain as he seems to have totally forgotten that a jolly senior copper locked himself in his car while a fellow officer was being stabbed to death. Hello?  So we’re expected to help because they won’t help themselves? That’ll work. If you did pile in to help, having fortuitously just purchased a new box cutter, one wonders where you’d end up assuming a successful outcome to the fracas. Praise or prison? Not a tough call these days. And that, good police person, is why I guess most folk sadly choose to walk on by.

Quote;  Milton Jones.

“If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that!”

No comments: