18 Feb 2018

And Then, A Win...

This morning was the morning I tackled that job I dread and repeatedly put off; de-icing the freezer. Well, so, I prepared myself with several fortifying cups of coffee and shouted to the kitchen, “Let’s just do it!” The kitchen didn’t respond so, alone, do it I did. This time though I done did it somewhat differently after having one of they magical moments when my tired old brain kicked in while I was standing in front of all that ice build-up and I had a freezer epiphany. 

I’m sure you don’t remember that a little bit after a while ago I had that water leak below the kitchen sink; the leak I didn’t blame on my little nest of vipers being the gentleman I am – out loud – and the little fan heater I got to aid the sub unit dry out. The little fan heater that cost buttons. Actually, it didn’t cost buttons. I offered buttons but was told the transaction couldn’t be completed unless I grew up and offered proper money which I reluctantly did.

Well, so, I got the fan heater from that storage place we all have marked - probably never get used again but better keep just in case - sat him on the deck a couple or so feet away from the freezer, angled up the ways a tad and set him on a fairly low heat setting. Also worthy of note again, I left the door open. Pardon? No, the freezer door.

You know wot? The usual water intensive, minimum three hour job, this time, from start to all boxed up, forty minutes. Happy? Damn! As happy as I’ve been since the last time I was happy and happily that wasn’t all that long ago as, despite the modern world doing all it can to promote only misery, there’s always a little ray of sunshine to be found in the simplest of things.

Take  this morning for example; I woke, slowly swung my legs outwards, sat on the edge of the bed, bent and pulled on my socks then stood up straight and found my spine had maintained its correct alignment. Well worth a vote for happiness. Another cause for great joy was to note, whilst doing the aforementioned, that my toenails probably won’t need cutting for at least another five months...
Happy daze.

Quote;  Abraham Lincoln.

“Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.”

            ??

“The secret to happiness is not to do what makes you happy, it's to be happy doing what you're already doing.”

2 comments:

Timbotoo said...

Now I have to go and buy a bloody fan heater to do the job. I hope you're happy!

Mac said...

Timbotoo,
Sorry about that. The fan heater I got was something like a tenner from one of those 'bargain' stores. In fact, thanks to Google, here he be;

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/beldray-fan-heater-2000w-325144

If it works as well for you as it did for me you will be happy and you'll agree it was a tenner well spent. If it doesn't, please refer back to the first three words of this comment.