31 Jan 2017

And Then, A New Flow...

See if you can spot anything wrong with this local BBC radio piece explained a little below.

It seems the local council of the place concerned have recently changed the traffic ‘flow’ in their city centre. Some folk, predominantly taxi drivers, had a protest drive today. So far, so boring.

The radio announcer went on to say a council spokesperson has said that, despite the protests, the new traffic flow will not be changed in any way as, since its inception, there’d been a “tremendous improvement in congestion.” You see any problem with that comment or is it just me?

And to finish on a Trumpton note, try this:
DELINGPOLE: Trump’s Climate Plans Just Made the Media’s Heads Explode.

Quote;  Douglas Adams.

“I was once in San Francisco, and I parked in the only available space, which happened to be on the other side of the street. The law descended on me. Was I aware of how dangerous the manoeuvre I’d just made was? I looked at the law a bit blankly. What had I done wrong? I had, said the law, parked against the flow of traffic. Puzzled, I looked up and down the street. What traffic? I asked. The traffic that would be there, said the law, if there was any traffic. This was a bit metaphysical, even for me, so I explained, a bit lamely, that in England we just park wherever we can find a parking space available, and weren’t that fussy about which side of the street it was on. He looked at me aghast, as if I was lucky to have got out of a country of such wild and crazy car parkers alive, and promptly gave me a ticket. Clearly he would rather have deported me before my subversive ideas brought chaos and anarchy to streets that normally had to cope with nothing more alarming than a few simple assault rifles. Which, as we know, in the States are perfectly legal, and without which they would be overrun by herds of deer, overbearing government officers, and lawless British tea importers.”

No comments: