28 Dec 2016

And Then, Half Way...

That’s the jingly bit over for this year so it’s just that new year hog-many thingy to do now then it’s all back to ‘normal’. Or as normal as I expect 2017 will be.

We went for a drive to the big town yesterday and, unlike the last time, we were almost alone. We bobbed into a couple of supermarkets and our loneliness was pretty much explained by the number of empty shelves. Man, those places must’ve taken some really serious coin prior to the holiday.  I’m happy to report the shops didn’t get too much of mine  and I’m sure my little nest of vipers, given time, will come to love her new loofa. Until such time the stony silence is something to savour.

I guess over the next two days they’ll stock up ready to be emptied again as everyone panics in anticipation of the next one day closing.

Oh, and wasn’t the holiday TV amazing? We were amazed that so many channels managed to show so much trash simultaneously. And the repeats were so old they should really only have been shown on the History Channel. Truly riveting TV - and if I’d had a rivet gun to hand I would’ve.

Even the Inter-Web seemed to take a break. Pardon? Yes, I agree – why not? 

Quote;  Kurt Vonnegut.

“Future generations will look back on TV as the lead in the water pipes that slowly drove the Romans mad.”

     Daniel Marsh.

“If the television craze continues with the present level of programs, we are destined to have a nation of morons.”

No comments: