24 Nov 2016

And Then A Worm...

A worm of the ear kind that is. Those little devils get in there so easily do they not? Don’t you just hate them? I caught one this morning during a drive to the shops when I turned on the radio, recognised a past worm but was way too slow in hitting the off button in an attempt to block the damn thing.

Hate it as you may, this song has proved to be a major cause of earworm syndrome and, after long, government grant funded research, scientists have attributed the section starting, “I wore my coat...” culminating with the girly, chorusy stuff, as the main cause of infection.

Not wishing to keep this slithery thingy to myself, there’s a link to the offending and irritatingly catchy wormy toony below and I do apologise to those of you who’ve finally, possibly just yesterday, managed to shake free of this piece since it wormed its way into your subconscious, and got stuck there, way back in 1993...

WARNING: To reduce the risk of earworm infection, it’s highly recommended that you turn off your speakers before doing that clicky thingy below.

Let’s cry havoc and let slip the worms of toons.

I have the spooky feeling I may have, cruelly, linked to that earworm before. So sorry. Hope you shake it off before bed time. I would suggest, however, that you making a pot o’ coffee before hitting the hay as you’ll most likely be back down shortly thereafter.

Quote;  Kate Seredy

“Kill the snake of doubt in your soul, crush the worms of fear in your heart and mountains will move out of your way.”

No comments: