12 Feb 2015

And Then One From Before….

With the recent talk of fatty food and strenuous exercise routines, I was reminded of a post I'd posted a long time ago.

At that time I posted an item I found  archived from even a longer time before the time I originally posted the post. Which leads to the deeper question, a question I may come back to once I'm sure this post is saved, of why we save stuff.

It's saved. So, is all that carefully saved stuff going with us or wot? Or are we saving stuff just to inconvenience someone else who has to spend time sorting through it all and then dumping it when we're gone?

Anyhoo, it was a post – getting sick of the 'post' word yet? – regarding exercise so I thought I'd re-post the old post again. This is also an indication that, right now, I have nothing else to post about tonight. However, the video, linked at the bottom, is really cleaver. Enjoy.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface where you have plenty of room at each side. 
With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there for as long as you can. 
Do your best to hold for a full minute, and then relax.
Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a little longer. 
After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags. 
Then try 50-lb potato bags and eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight out for more than a full minute.
{I’m at this level now.} 
Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.

You should always relax after taking strenuous exercise  so get ready and go out and treat yourself to a nice dinner. Try not to make a dogs dinner of it though. 

Quote;  Joey Adams.

"If it weren’t for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn’t get any exercise at all"

No comments: