28 Mar 2014

And Then An Age Thing….

While her indoors was watching the tennis, she asked who was classed as the greatest player of all time. It didn’t come out quite like that but I got her drift.

I seemed to remember going through this many years ago, out at work, and I believe, at that time, Pete Sampras came out tops.

Google wasn’t a great help on a very quick search but did bring up this interesting ‘fact’ which must be unique to Pete;

                       Samp
Never mind the tennis, you see what he managed to do? “Born: August 12, 1971 age 42.” What a bummer eh? To be born, open your eyes and find it’s already half over. Okay, ‘age 42’s’ in parenthesis, or as we secondary school kids called ‘em, brackets, or as todays school kids call ‘em, them bendy bits, and the word’s ‘age’ not ‘aged’, but, never-the-less, smile I did.

Quote;  Saki.

“The young have aspirations that never come to pass, the old have reminiscences of what never happened.”

            Criss Jami.

“As long as I am breathing, in my eyes, I am just beginning.”

No comments: