20 Dec 2012

And Then Another One….

Before I go further, if you haven't, pop over to the good Captains place where you'll find something already prepared for you.  If you don't use it, don't whine later.  If you use it, you've tried.  If you're a Mayan, don't waste your time.

Now to the title of this post; another one what?  Another birthday that's what.  Boy, I'm getting old but I'm happy to report that the internals of my head appear to be a long way behind my body.

I make no apologies for linking the same Ian Anderson song as wot I did a couple of years ago as, hay, it's my site, I like it and it ties in with the time of year.

Actually, my birthday and that winter solstice thingy isn't 'till tomorrow but as we may not be here I thought I'd post it today and wish me a happy birthday from you all.

According to the Mayan calendar, that's it. According to scientists, that's not it.  I just hope they got that 'not it' opinion from better scientists than the bunch that brought us man-made global hottering.  Looking out the window right now, I wish the hotterists had been right.  Saying that, I do hope the 'not it' lot are not wrong.

Coincidentally, I've just been listening to a friend of the earth, that's an enemy to you and me.  They aint going to be happy{?} 'till all our energy is coming from the wind, the sun and the sea.  She seemed a tad lost when it was pointed out that the wind is intermittent, this is the UK and we see so little sun that when it does show through people tend to rush into church in fright and the sea will destroy anything put in it in a relative heart beat.

Enjoy the music, ring out those ol' solstice bells and I'll see you closer to Christmas.  And to my Mayan friends, bub-by.

Quote;  Roger Zelazny.
“Don't wake me for the end of the world unless it has very good special effects”

            ??
“Due to a lack of experienced trumpeters, the end of the world has been postponed for three weeks”

No comments: